Self-conscious about that missing tooth? Worried about how the gap affects the rest of your smile? At St. Pete Oral Health Center in St. Petersburg, FL, Dr. Rosemarie Márquez offers innovative dental implants, the best tooth replacements available by far. Your implant dentist will be happy to explain the entire process to you.
The revolutionary dental implant
It looks like a small metal screw. Made of biocompatible titanium, this tiny device goes right into your jaw bone to replace the root from your missing tooth. Almost immediately, the bone begins adhering to the implant through osseointegration. In a few weeks to months, the implant is stabilized and strong so your St. Petersburg, FL, dentist attaches a metal extension and porcelain crown to complete the new tooth.
As time goes on, the bond between the implant and jaw bone strengthens, avoiding the bone and gum shrinkage which devastates a jaw after dental extraction. With dental implants, you bite, chew and speak normally. Plus, your facial appearance and bite height remains young-looking.
Additional benefits of dental implants
1. Your dental implant resembles a real tooth in every way.
2. Dental implants are multi-purpose--that is, they can support larger dental prosthetics, such as dentures and bridgework.
3. Bite force remains strong. Eat whatever foods you like--corn on the cob and apples, as examples.
4. Dental implants have been around for more than 50 years with a reliable record of successful tooth replacement.
5. Implants are simple to take care of. Brush twice a day, and floss around them every day to avoid plaque and tartar build-up.
6. The American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID) reports that dental implants are reliable. Receive one or more of these impressive prosthetics, and you'll have an excellent oral function and smile aesthetics for life.
7. The implant surgery is quick and comfortable. Plus, Dr. Marquez and her team accomplish it--from evaluation to final restoration--entirely at St. Pete Oral Health Center.
The finest smile possible
You can be proud of your smile once again. Replace your missing tooth with a dental implant from your friendly team at St. Pete Oral Health Center. Call Dr. Rosemarie Márquez for a complete evaluation and treatment plan: (727) 345-1774.