At St. Pete Oral Health Center, we are proud to provide oral cancer examinations for your health and convenience. It is our goal to detect any signs of oral cancer before it becomes severe. We are dedicated to assisting in the diagnosis and treatment of oral cancer.
Oral cancer screenings can be performed during routine cleanings and examinations, if your dentist notices any signs or if you mention concerning symptoms during your appointment.
Oral cancer can be present in areas of the mouth such as the tongue, floor of the mouth, hard or soft palate, cheeks, and lips, but can also occur in the throat and sinuses.
While we do everything possible to be proactive in the detection of oral cancer, most cases are unable to be detected until they have reached a more serious stage that can be difficult to treat.
Symptoms of oral cancer include:
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth.
- Persistent sore throat or feeling that something is caught in the back of your throat.
- Unexplained loss of feeling, pain.
- Persistent or lasting sore on your face, neck, or mouth.
- Lumps, bumps, or rough spots on the gums or lips.
- Numbness in the face, neck, or mouth.
- Difficulty chewing, speaking, or swallowing.
- Change in the way your teeth or dentures fit together.
- Red, white, or speckled patches in the mouth.
If you notice any of these symptoms, contact us immediately so that we can perform a screening to rule out oral cancer.
For more information about oral cancer examinations or to schedule an appointment, contact us today at (727) 345-1774.